Changing customer behavior, advancements in technology and global hyper competition have sparked an unprecedented demand for creativity and innovation.
To stay relevant and competitive in the marketplace, companies have to continuously evolve. However, most companies and employees have yet to develop the skills to build new solutions that are based on the changing needs of humans/consumers.
Design Thinking has proven to be superior in helping teams and leaders around the world to create new products, services, and business models that customers care about.
Impact of Design Thinking
Some of the Industry practitioners of Design Thinking include Apple, Google, Samsung, Starbucks, Toyota, Uber, AirBnB, IDEO, Adidas, Procter & Gamble, Singapore Airlines, DBS Bank and many more.
Companies that consistently follow design thinking practices generated roughly 32 percent more revenue and 56 percent higher returns for shareholders than those that did not. (Source: Mckinsey Research, Experiencepoint.com).
Companies that integrate design thinking into corporate strategy can outpace industry peers by as much as 211% (Source: Design Value Index).
This activity based ’Learning-by-doing’ workshop will provide you a foundational understanding of the Design Thinking principles, mindsets as well as, key tools and processes, and how you can apply them in your organisation.
- Gain insights into your customer’s experience
- Create new products, processes and services
- Build more collaborative and creative teams
- Significant cost savings & greater ROI
- Quicker time-to-market and improved customer retention
By participating in this ‘learning-by-doing’ workshop, you will gain professional competitive edge by developing beneficial skills such as:
- Customer/User-Centricity - You will learn how to take decisions based on what is best for the customer, not what is most convenient for the business.
- Empathy - Getting to grips with a real user problem and building empathy for the target users by understanding people behaviour better to react to their needs in a more meaningful way.
- Creative Thinking - Think differently to search for novel alternatives to existing solution path; uncover innovation opportunities by looking at problems and situations with a user-centric mindset
- Collaboration - Design Thinking breaks down silos and shows participants how to challenge their assumptions—a recipe for innovation. Teams to reach alignment and increase engagement.
- Problem Solving - It is a key skill that everyone should master, you will learn problem solving in action, that you can apply to almost any complex challenge in your personal and professional life.
- Learning-by-Doing - Learn how to participate in/facilitate projects and workshops with the Design Thinking methodology.
Who should attend?
Everybody Actually! Design thinking should be at the core of strategy development and organizational change in order to create a culture that’s focused on a creative way of solving problems. This way of thinking can be applied to products, services, and processes; anything that needs to be improved.
Some of the designations will include:
- C-suite executives including CEO, COO, MD, Founder, President
- Entrepreneurs & Social Entrepreneurs
- Chief Strategy Officers, Chief Design Officers, Senior Designers, Design Consultants
- Innovation Leaders, Product Owners, and Managers
- User Researchers